Over the last few years, people’s interest in cryptocurrency has skyrocketed making it a hot topic both among investors and commoners. Thousands of blockchain-based projects are dynamically hitting the scene. According to a report by Yahoo Finance, by the end of 2022, the total number of crypto users might even reach a ten-digit figure.
The question of concern here is the ability of a crypto business to stand out from the growing competition. Well, one of the most popular and effective marketing strategies that will help your business stay atop is by understanding how to improve SEO on Google.
Let’s take a deep dive into the SEO fundamentals and how they can help grow crypto businesses.
Is SEO Necessary for Blockchain and Crypto Success?
SEO is undoubtedly one of the most efficient marketing techniques for crypto and blockchain projects to succeed. Implementing the right steps can bring about a significant difference in your website performance with increased traffic, focussed leads, and higher profitability.
However, it might even have its consequences, if done carelessly, compromising the ranking of the website on Google.
How to Improve SEO on Google?
Having a solid SEO strategy can help drive quality traffic to your website. Some of the basics that are crucial to improving your website’s organic traffic on Google are by using the right keywords, implementing a robust content marketing strategy, on-page and off-page optimization, etc.
Some general SEO practices that are useful to everyone, including those in the crypto space are as follows.
Crypto-Related Keyword Research
Knowing what your project should talk about and understanding what your target audience is looking for, is the first step in creating your business strategy for SEO and keywords are crucial for it.
Thorough keyword research is all that is needed to set the basis for a successful SEO strategy. The following are the pointers that can make your research an assertive one:
- Create a list of crypto-related keywords for your project that your target audience may be using to look for similar services
- Keep a healthy mix of high and low-volume keywords, as both are equally noteworthy in helping improve search engine ranking under varied circumstances
- Pay thorough attention to the search volume of each keyword by using tools like Google Keyword Planner, keywordtool.io, Ahrefs, etc.
- Try using long-tail keywords like “improve SEO on Google,” instead of short-tail ones like “improve SEO” as they are more precise and can easily rank, because of being less competitive.
Content Marketing Strategy
A tailored content marketing strategy is one of the most crucial steps that can help your website rank high for the targeted keywords in your business.
According to an analysis by Guerillabuzz, the amount raised by the projects increases as the organic search traffic goes up with the right crypto SEO strategy. It is well illustrated through the image below.
Hence, creating high-quality SEO-optimized content within your niche, ensures increased traffic, leading to higher monthly returns.
Following are the steps that you must pay attention to while creating a content strategy:
- Understand your target audience and their needs and plan a strategy accordingly for your business
- Frame a list of top-ranking keywords for your business that has high traffic and write content ideas using them. For example, if you’re writing an article about on-page optimization, then framing SEO-related content would be a great move, like, “guidelines for SEO on-page optimization”, “cryptocurrency on-page SEO elements”, etc.
- Your entire content length should have a healthy mix of keyword density included in it. It should be approximately between 1 and 2% of the total length of the content.
- Equip your content with relevant infographics, videos, or even social media posts for that matter, to make it easily accessible to a wide range of audiences.
Thus, these strategies with a better understanding of how to improve SEO on Google will automatically help your cryptocurrency business to improve ranking, generate higher traffic, and increase sales.